One of my friends kept on raving on about a band called Phish, how good they were.

Anyway, I got a video of a concert they did. And all I can think is that he must be taking the piss. It was so bad and almost painful to watch. My Japanese friend just said "cho-dasai" and I had to agree. Looked like a bunch of uber-nerds messing around with boring sounds.

Was he taking the piss?, anyone else know of these guys? ..or can someone try to explain to me why what I just saw could be called good.

\:D

well...I am a proud phish-head, and I think they are one of the hottest live acts out there today...

the music isnt for everyone...I love it...it based on improvisation, so if you are afraid or weary of experimental and extended jamming based on jazz, rock, funk, soul, latin, and other genres, than just walk away...

Phish writes excellent music, concerts are a mix of composed pieces, improvisational explorations, and various covers (ranging from hendrix to the beastie boys).

Every concert is unique. They do not write setlists. They make them on the fly based on interactions with the audience. The lighting director also completely improvises the light show, one of the best in the business...some can be a full out rock fest, some are super trippy space fests...

they got 75,000 fans to go to the middle of the everglades for 3 days in 2000...they have festivals like that every year that sell out...

Anyway, just because you dont like a certain music doesnt mean its sh!t...

peace,

danz

'fantastic', danz was not only expressing an opinion, he was also providing information and insight which is something I haven't noticed you doing much of. Patronising, yes, you're good at that.

Judging by what danz says, I think I'd really hate Phish...

Iu sed to hate phish too- then a song called "Bouncing round the room " crawled up inside my brain and started having kittens- I agree that they are better live then any studio stuff but man that song gets me going

I like listening to Phish - not their studio CDs but their live stuff is pretty cool. I just prefer the more jazz/rock/classical based Dave Matthews Band more than anything! \:D

Try: www.sharingthegroove.org/

You can download any concert for free. If you dont like em, come to Hiroshima and you get a free pint of Guiness....... all over you :p

• 2 weeks later...