I tried for a long time to get rid of that habit. I have done ok, but still say it. Dont like it much.

Nori-chan: Japanese lamguage also has some words and phrases that seem to be said all of the time.

For example: wakarimashita (kind of like 'you know what I mean' in reverse, said by the listener, not the speaker)

yeah i think its often said by people who are a little insecure and are out for a bit of peer back up/support.

dont mean to stereotype here but it seems very prolific amongst americans??

you know what i mean?? lol.gif

mistasparkle.

moron!? wakaranai.gif you may well be...

Most of the time when people say this every other breath, they are just filling in for not having the intellect to be able to string together a proper sentence. They are invariably DIM. Do you say it a lot??

Quote:
Originally posted by fantastic:
Most of the time when people say this every other breath, they are just filling in for not having the intellect to be able to string together a proper sentence. They are invariably DIM.
Hey cobber, I used to say it a lot... take care what you call me.

I am going to watch you every posting from now on and so help me god if you say one thing that belays your "lack of intellect"...

This task of mine shouldn't be hard as for 99% of everything I have ever seen you write has been dull, witless one line pointless whatevers.

Take a hike, piece of grit.

My name is Fantastic and my intellect is so low I can hardly manage more than one line contributions. Go here and I will prove it to you. In fact, this is the first time that anyone has ever even noticed me or responded to something that I have said. Such response and feedback is called conversation. The ability to hold a conversation is indicative of at least a modicum of intellect. As the above hyperlink demonstrates, I am yet to converse with one soul on this forum, ergo, I am a dim wit as previously defined by myself (in case you don't remember, as is to be expected as I am usually not even noticed, this is what I said: "...filling in for not having the intellect to be able to string together a proper sentence . They are invariably DIM")

Signed, fantastic and stupid.

(please note – many other people enjoy only one line posts, but they do not launch a gutless insult at people and then get ruder when another forum member points out the inappropriateness of there thoughts. - .db.)

Anyway, just to get back to reality and the point.

I don't know about in the US or other places, but here in the UK, if you keep on sprinkling your conversation with phrases like that too much, it doesn't come across too well.