I like fish. Not eating them, but watching them do their thing. Thinking about getting a tank and some fish for my house.

Anyone here keep any fish? What kinds and how many? Do they swim a lot?

cool.gif

Actually db I haven't any tanks for about the last year or so. So I can bore you with stuff about the tanks I had . :p

HotRod - I have kept both fresh and saltwater fish and inverts. A big ol' reef tanks looks awesome and I find pretty interesting. But they do require a fair of taking of taking care off when compared to goldfish and tropical freshwater fish. Inverts are harder to take care off.

Both are very relaxing.

Most of the fish i had swam heaps but some didn't as this was just their nature.

Did you enjoy that db?

We had inverts when I was a kid. They were just plain ole goldfish, but they were mostly inverted. When they go inverted, you flush them down the bog.

Screensaver fish are much easier to look after than inverts, and have many of the same characteristics.

I had a friend who used to be really into fish, and he kept a crazy saltwater tank which had triggerfish and all kinds of cool tropical fish, but he had a smaller freshwater tank with african cichlids. Those guys were a blast to watch. They swim like maniacs and can stop dead still on a dime... sometimes swam backwards. More entertaining than his saltwater tank fish.