Hi

A while ago there was talk of mountain rescue insurance. As far as I can remember no real details surfaced. I have sent a few emails but have had no reply yet, can anyone point me in the right direction.

The lady at my office found me some skiing insurance but it was mainly for paying others medical bills should I knock them over and didnt cover me if I go skiing somewhere other than a ski resort.

I beat it out of my medical insurance compay that they will pay my medical if I am injured in the b/c but not for the rescue so I amd just after rescue not medical.

and hints?

From what I can determine from this site, they will send this guy out to rescue you - he's pretty strong by the looks of it, and from what I hear, fully trained in medicine, rescue, and yelling. And the premiums are somewhere around 10.750円 for the season ? ?

image5.gif

Sounds like a perty good deal to me.

Ok so what is the deal with Mountain Rescue here? ARe there teams? Are they under the jurisdiction of the Police? or what? Do you actually have to PAY for a rescue? That's absurd! You should be able to go out and get yourselves killed and have your body recovered for free! But seriously, there has to be some sort of rescue here? And who are these people and what is it that they are trained to do?