Japanese music it's ok to like...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puffy are still going.

I think The Brilliant Green are still going in some capacity. Obviously the singer is doing a lot of solo stuff, but I think TBG are still officially going.

I hate the fake karaoke-ness of Japanese pop. Isnt there any REAL music culture here? I mean, is there any music that has come from and developed here, rather than just been parroted from the states/uk?

> I mean, is there any music that has come from and developed here, rather than just been parroted from the states/uk?

Jitterinjin, Nenes

That's a pretty unfair question anyway. As if the States/UK haven't been parroting each other for the last several hundred years (British folk/American blues), and the rest of the world hasn't been borrowing from the admittedly grand legacy of that. Rock n' roll is now a worldwide standard, and there are Japanese artists who do it really well too.

eek.gif That picture is too big!

I don't buy Japanese music but from the radio, I like

Misia, Bird, Hitomitoi, Hajime Chitose...

from the live performance, I like

Fride Pride, DJ Mitsu, Toshinori Kondo(Free electro)...

Ando Umeko is very famous for Ainu music, very interesting.

Ex-girl. Japanese pop opera punk with lots of frogs thrown in. Absolutely brilliant and totally rocking. Real babes as well. Played at lot of festivals in Europe but not well known here. Check out the site http://www.exgirl-kero.com/

Playing again on Feb 13th at 'The Doors' in Shinjuku, do yourself a favour. You have to see them live. Kero Kero!