So I take it that everyone is cool that db and woywoy were swearing with every other word coming out of their mouth (and likely a little loud considering they'd been drinking), and the japanese guy who said go home is the only guy who did something wrong? Interesting.

I do agree the terms "go home", "if you can't speak 'XXXX'" etc are racist - no different than most Americans who believe that immigrants must speak english or "go back where you came from"...

Ray-I-J,

I also agree, that is why I wrote:

"At the end of the day, like I said, most Japanese don't like swearing, ultimately this wins out, and so it should"

I would never attempt to win the debate that it is ok to do something that pisses off the locals. Sure, I do some things that are a little silly at times but I always know that I am a temporary visitor in someone else's pad. Even I wish that more visitors to Australia would remember the same applies to them as they leave their garbage on the beach and get in fights on the street. Admitting this probably won't stop me from being a good natured and harmless brat, but that is my (Australian) nature.

I should add, I may have called myself a brat, but in this case we were swearing no more than the average guys after a couple of beers. We were hardly carrying on like pissed football hooligans. In fact we were being distinctly inoffensive relative to how I have seen many other foreign people behave.

I should add that this guy also thought that we were……. Americans and for a moment lost his urgency to "get us out' when we mentioned Australia.

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
Sweet you are a mean bitch.
You should have compassion for people who are less fortunate.
I was joking Siren. confused.gif

Mind you, I'll never have compassion for individuals of any background/race/poverty stricken or otherwise, if i see them chasing women & babies with baseball bats!!

Sweet, I was joking too even though I didn't put a smiley face at the end of the sentence.

And of course I wasn't saying it is the right thing to do chasing women and babes (like you) with a baseball bat.

I had a great experience on the train once. Sitting next to this elderly lady, she really wanted to talk so it seemed even though my Japanese is really poor. Anyway, we had a pleasant on and off chat and when I got off the train she gave me this handkerchief. I thought it was just a handkerchief, but later found out there was a crisp new 10,000 yen in it!!! \:D And I couldn't even say thank you!

O.K., Wallie, that was my grandma, it was all a big mistake. I'll email you my address, and you can send that icchiman back to her through me.

Life gets harder and harder now that they've exposed my Nigerian scam.

Wallie, I have had a similar experience, perhaps the same lovely grandma?! That was a really special experience, I just couldn't believe it at the time, still can't I suppose. That would just never happen back home.