Japanese and english forum separated - why??

I am new to this forum.

I just recognized that the Japanese site also offers a forum, but apparently these two forums are not linked to each others...

I think it would be a great deal to get a really common forum for communication for both foreigners and Japanese people!!!

This would also contribute to intercultural understanding!!

Best wishes

Not sure whether you've noticed this or not SS ol' son, but not all English speakers are fluent in Japanese and, strange but true, not all Japanese speakers are fluent in English. As a result a combined forum would very quickly separate into Englsih threads, with English speaking posters and lurkers, and Japanese threads, with Japanese speaking posters and lurkers, i.e. not that very much different to what we have now. ;\)

Even if it was mainly english/japanese only threads going around, i would much rather see the forums integrated.

However, as someone who dabbles in web design, I can see how the language encoding might prove to be an obstacle.

Hell, half of the 'native English speakers' on here can't even read and write English - just think what it'd be like if they started responding to what they thought they read in Japanese.

Seriously, a bad idea. If you want to prove your deep affection for the J Forum, why not go over there more often and post on it? Then suggest integrating with it.

snowboard freakさん、日本語・英語フォーラムの統合についてど ;う思いますか。