Snowboard Freak's snowboard tattoo

SBF, have you done got your snowboard tat yet, you 'orrible ruffian?

I was out jogging last night, thinking about snowboarding and how much I hate tattoos, when I remembered you and your quest. And the following idea popped into my head. What do you think?

userpic23397pic153fdfe48814ec7.gif

userpic25516pic163fdfe48819cee.gif

You have a snowboard with big fluffy white owl's wings (signifying flight and snow), and on the snowboard base is a skull with a skeletal hand dropping a white snowflake (signifying danger and things Gothic and snowboarder menace).

I tried two versions. One is a slightly Japanese ukiyoe-type skull that looks a bit like the first President Bush. The other is more Germanic.

It would be a real kick for me if you did get something like this done... (Hopefully your chosen artist will do a better job of handling the snowboard shape than I did.)

clap.gif that impressed me!

you were very busy last night weren`t you O11. i see you also posted numerous witty coments- good werk.

i rekon that tat deff. has potential in tha right hands maybe that could be tha `snowjapan` id mark \:\)

just a thought...

No, I wasn't an art student.

My justification of the skull sounds rather vacuous, so here's a better one;

It's a memento mori - a reminder that life is as transient as a snowflake and death is always waiting - so we should go snowboarding at every chance we get. And go for big air, even if we break our skull.

You should get hold of a few boarding mags. They always seem to have "design board graphics and win a real version" competitions ( last one I saw was a Lib tech board built to your spec). They usually have the outline of the board for you to fill in, so no probs with the shape ;\)

Aww shucks Ocean you think about me when your jogging, how sweet!!

I dig the concept of a design integrated with a board. Very cool. I like the snowflake idea, i was trying to work that into a design somewhere without it being too gay and girly. I'd never hear the end of it from .db.. But the skeleton kinda gives it that more masculine feel. But I'm not really into skeletons and the like, but maybe sometihng could go in its place? Hmmmmmm.......

Keep 'em coming Ocean! And anyone else that has an artistic flare (because i sure don't).

I'm going to get the tat done when I drag my ruffian arse back from Japan. I'm hoping for a bit of inspiration over there.

Hmmm a handsome young man! That sounds like the ticket! I think i'll take the skeleton. Or maybe it could be a Yeti.

As for my other tats, I'm sure i've posted this beofre but i'm too lazy to dig it up. I've got five at the moment. Most of it is pretty simply tribal style stuff.

1) Outside of my right foot - tribal type pattern designed by a very close friend of mine.

2) Right calf - tribal looking letter "M".

3) Lower back, slap bang in the middle on my spine - tribal letter "S"

4) Right forearm - Japanese characters.

5) Left shoulder - tribal sun design.

I'm planning on putting the snowboard one on my upper spine in between my shoulders.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...