Damn, you both beat me to it. Those stupid seppos should only make short building for now on. Short buildings and short monuments. The Pentagan it too tall for Christ's sake.

As for the design, I don't like it. Not very original. But I don't think the above picture is the final decision.

It's inevitable that it will be big to maximize potential rents for the available ground space.

That design is pretty crap. It lacks unity, and the towers on the right look like er, sheared off stumps. If that isn't the point, somebody needs to point that out...

That is the final design apparently.

From the BBC;

"At the heart of the new design is the Freedom Tower which the architects said would be the world's tallest building.

As originally proposed by Mr Libeskind, it will be 1776 feet (541.4 metres) tall, to commemorate the date of the declaration of independence from Britain."

Yes, they really needed to get that number in there. Commemorate all those atrocities suffered by Americans in the film (Are You a) Patriot (?).

Oh well, too bad that they designed stumps. :p

Hey barok do you have something against Aussies?

I don't agree with what Lloyd said in regards to "seppos", but why lower yourself to that level by flat out branding a whole a race?

wakaranai.gif

Can't we all just get along!!!!! \:D

BTW barok, I'm not having a dig at you but you just seem quick to bag Aussies sometimes.

nah sbf, I don't have anything against Aussies, or anyone inherently for that matter. The reason I seem to get on Aussies cases for being Aussies, is because it's from Aussies that I hear the most baggin' on other people for being whatever or from wherever. Why do so many Aussies hold poor opinions of people in other countries ? Almost everytime I met an Australian while in Japan, and told him/her that I lived in America before going to Japan, I would get a cold to lukewarm reaction. Getting judged without even knowing who I am, only where I was last living - what's the deal with that ? Maybe you can help me out.

Then there's this "seppo" word again. There was this whole discussion about it before, where everyone says, "aaah it's all in good fun." fine, whatever, it's a joke. But then you get shiteheads like Lloyd here using this word, and I don't think it is in a joking context. As it wasn't the first time I complained about it on this site.

So do Aussie's want to use this in a joking kind of way, or to be provoking and offensive? Which is it guys? If it's a joke, then fine, right back atcha (see above post) but personally, I'm sick of the latter, so you want to be provoking and offensive, again (see above post). Childish and stupid ? Sure, but that's half the point I am trying to make.

btw: I don't think you can call Aussies a race, unto their own, Aboriginal Aussies, sure, but not the convicts ;\)

I just knew you couldnt let it lie Barok.... as soon as i saw the seppo word (which i was actualy going to use - but wasnt in a s**t-stiring mood) i knew you would be soon to rise up!!!

predictable lol.gif ;\)

I think Lloyd may well be American himself, parodying Australians in this post...

I'd like to ask Americans what they think of the symbolism of the height. Is that a particularly valid point to be building into a monument at this particular time, or at any other time? Is the 'liberty' aspect of this tower only with reference to an event that occurred several centuries ago? Any thoughts on that, and what Britons are to make of this?

I rarely use the word "seppo" anymore, and I when do use it I am careful not to use it around people who might it offensive. I use it as a jokey type term, but not every one sees it that way. Same as the "C" word I guess. I love that word, but only use it around people who I know don't get offended by it.

I think it's a bummer that one judges people by what country they are from. It's down right pathetic. So I can't help you there. But not all Aussies are like that, thats for sure.

I'm proud of my convit heritage! Watch your belongings people!!!!

;\)