Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
:rolleyes: What is he doing?!! lol.gif
I believe it's called "Flashdance mixed with MC Hammer sh!t."

I wonder how many staplers have ended up in jelly thanks to the series.

There is NO excuse for remaking a comedy series. Just accept it for what it is. They tried to remake One Foot in the Grave and Men Behaving Badly, both of which were funny series in there own right, so why remake 'em.

It 's a tad insulting to Americans and Brits that TV Stations feel the need to change the humour so that people can "understand it".

You don't see the BBC/ITV trying to remake Friends or The Simpsons. Dancing b/f what your suggesting with the 'American Office Version' is what many people might call Americanisation, the fact they they plan to take someone else's idea, throw in a few cheesy one liners and 'comedy' characters (which you have to admit they probably will) and basically glam it up a bit, goes against the comedy principles of the show. You're not meant to like David Brent, or any of them.

Quote:
what your suggesting with the 'American Office Version' is what many people might call Americanisation
Who gives a shit what they 'call' it? If it's funny, it's funny. No-one has seen what they are proposing. So you don't know what its gonna be like. Whats the problem?? wakaranai.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by .stoke.:
I have serious doubts over an american version. Only one american I know liked it. Can`t imagine how its going to translate for the US.
I, however, agree wholeheartedly that it is just pure genius lol.gif
Yes, we're all aware that America sucks. That's old news. However, I am an American and love the show. I believe I was one of the first to post about it on here (not definate on that though). I'd love to know how the holiday specials were.

"....the fact they they plan to take someone else's idea...." Unlike the Japanese??? That was only a joke \:D