Hi there wave.gif

I live in Scotland and so have been to the few small places round here for most of my adult life - and been skiing in Canada, France, Austria and Italy as well. There seem to be a whole big bunch of nationalities on here, interested to know where you've been and where you rate, etc?

BB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been in Japan. But I'm really curious to know about those Scottish places though, as people keep asking me.

How many runs do they have (like, can you have enough fun there for a day, or are they a half-day sort of scale)? Do they ever get deep snow?

Been a bunch of places....

Austria, Switzerland, France, Lake Placid-US, NZ and round "home sweet home"- Lake Louise/Banff Canada

It's hard to pick a fav, as I tend to rank them not only on snow/ski quality but on atmosphere...

That being the case I think my fondest memories come from switzerland...both for quantity of snow and atmosphere/beauty.

I think Banff offers pretty wicked apres ski...and of course amazing riding...with several resorts to choose from within a 1hr radius.

Would love to hear about the Scottish hills...?

Some people have gone back, but its always quiet in August (take a look at the threads from last year if you're that interested). Not difficult to understand why - lots of people out of the country, hot and sweaty, holidays, etc...

Go away summer!...'holds breath, counts to ten with eyes closed whilst visualizing chasing kamoshikas in fresh powder'...naah still hot but not long now. There is some hope in September after all.

Anyway now that I remember what the thread was about: NZ, Switzerland, Austria and Japan. Switzerland would be the best memories.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
visualizing chasing kamoshikas in fresh powder'...
why you chasing me for Davo? \:D

Japan. #1 Hakuba Area
France.
NZ. #1 Temple Basin
Colorado Rockies. #1 Vail.

toquie and friends, i'm drunk, and at the bro's college in NC, America, so I thought I'd write for the first time in months. siad that i'm not there anymore. boo hoo.

i went waterskiing last saturday. almost like skiing. didn't even fall. great stuff.