• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im mostly posting for toque and Yuki there veronica. Yuki has been on that train and its funny. Toque and I started this thread and I want to keep it going. it is a solid 8 pager that has keep us up to date with the goings on. Some good laughs. Also as my wife says pictures usally look better with someone in them. \:D

Sure the picture of the train is silly on its own.

But I think it is more fun to think about the story behind it.

You have to imagine the Japanese people on the train feeling very uncomfortable seeing a wet stinking gaijin on a train in the middle in inaka?? with 2 huge boats lol.gif lol.gif

I think it would be a really rare sight to see Japanese people doing this. And they see a gaijin doing it lol.gif

Okay help an amature out.

I look at that photo of the river there and it doesn't look too bad. Doesn't seem that scary, but then again I am only looking at it.

What are the hidden dangers in that part?

Touqe, the "ducks" name is GOD.

the section is where people drink and jump off the cliff above where the boat is. if you cant swim back to the other side you will get taken for a 7 km ride to arashiyama with no place to stop. not worth running in a kayak cause too tame but it gets people every year. booze and swimming dont mix.

yo fatty,

i think i've been on that river in your pictures. not far from kyoto, right? i forgot the name of it, but there's a hike there that follows the river in lonely planet. what's the name? that station platform looks particularly familiar. sayogawa maybe?