i love ice cream in winter, cos its, um, lets see...because it shows my dominance over the environment.

yeh, that's right!

y'know, like a smoker shows his control over fire by breathing in smoke, i emphasise my homeothermic perfection by eating frozen dairy products while it snows.

I used to love getting home from surfing in winter back home, freezing cold, and jumping in a super hot bath with a huge bowl of ice cream and chocolate. Friends thought I was a freak and they were right......a happy, warm tummy full of ice cream freak. Ice cream anytime of year rocks. \:D

Endotherms unite!

i sometimes prefer the cones to the cream. i might have mentioned this on here before, but theres a diner back home where the original owner invented the ice cream cone. they still use the machine to make their cones and they are oishii- regular cone size, but have the waffle cone taste. you can buy plain cones- good for dessert if youre full or not in the mood for ice cream. sometimes you can get them hot off the machine- thats the best!

Shibuya Tokyu Food Show has really good icecream shop. It's called PARIYA, I sometimes get lunch box from there and icecream, too!! January specials are "amazake, yomogi-azuki, strawberry-cheesecake..." yummy, yummy!!

• 3 weeks later...

You are thinking of Mochi-Ice manda (what is with everyone changing their names? I blame db). Strawberry Mochi-Ice is the best.

My favorite ice cream is the grape soft serve they have in Kyoto. I actually did find it once in Tokyo (Tokyo Stn) but it isn't as good.

The ice cream must be the top seller at Seico mart in Niseko. I don't think the cold dissuades anyone.

• 2 weeks later...