How many hours do you "work" in a day? I don't know if this one has been done, but I'm interested to see if I'm a "hard worker" or not. lol.gif (Not time has nothing to do with effectiveness...of course)

yeah but do you actually work hard during those 8 hours or slack off?? i usually take at least an hour or 2 a day just for sj and email. if dont have many classes or prep work to do, i can spend up to 6 hrs a day slacking off. man, my job is easy. but sooo boring!

about 5-6 hours is the max I can give to full-on, really intense work (eg programming, design, etc). any more, and I'm burnt out for the day.

During a usual day, have a mixture of 3 fairly intense hours, with the rest of the time more relaxed or slacking off..

10-12 hours a day and about 4 of those are mucking about on SJ or Mistersparkle's new blog. I have to stop it as it is getting really bad. I work with science geeks who really have NO life except their job, and they think I am lazy and a little bit crazy for going out drinking on the weekend, doing things, having fun, and not just accepting the mundune existence that makes up their lives. And the worst thing is that most of them are just working long hours for appearences sake. All they talk about is their work. VERY sad speciens. I really can't understand how these people function like this for their whole working lives. The look of shock that came across their faces when I said I was taking two weeks off to go to Thailand over Christmas! It would not compute. Thank goodness about four of my workmates are really nice, really cool people.

When I'm busy... I work all-out 10 hour days, but I'm only busy in short spans of time (bout 2-3 weeks at a time). My normal level of productivity finds me at about 1 to 2 hours of actual work in an 8 hour span of time. The rest is swallowed up by instant messaging, forums, and my new super-efficient time-killer: blogging . \:D

Between 4-8 hours of actual teaching time per day 5 or 6 days a week. Preperation/administration time varies widely depending on factors such as exams/tests, the start or end of a contract and the changing needs of the students.

I'm a lazy bum by nature so having finished at 10:00 this morning and not having to head out again until 5:30 suits me rather nicely. I do hate coming home from a busy day and having to prepare for an early moring class. It's a little too worklike for me.