Don't seem to be much down here at the mo.

I remember when I first came here and I was at a local school there was a day when only 20% of the kids showed up. eek.gif pretty severe

I havent had the flu since 1994 \:D and that was the only time in my life.

My secrets? Garlic, heaps of it, not just a piddly clove in pasta but oil pearls.

Spirulina - natures superfood.

Green Tea - good stuff, lots of it

Chlorella - Natures cleaner and detoxifier and deodoriser ( keeps the garlic in check)

Excercise regularly.

Dont Smoke.

Sleep well.

Eat well, lots of salads and fish, no sh*t food like Maccas.

Moderate booze consumption.

Healthy "bedroom" life ;\)

I never get sick, so it must be working.

Quote:
Originally posted by akibun:
Spirulina?? I never heard of that. What is it?
Spirulina is an blue green algae that is shape in a spiral and has existed for 3+ Billion years. Its is touted as the worlds healthiest food. Its loaded with vitamins, minerals and other goodies.

Sweetaz,

You rang?.........hang on......must be a phone booth here somewhere.....now to get this science guru suit on.......Righto! SG at your service. Well to answer your question I really don't know. I guess it might have something to do with some rather dodgy farming practices that have been cropping up lately (A word to the wise, herbivious animals are not meant to be fed other animals) and increased farming and population densities. Seems China might be to blame for this one as well. As far as viruses jumping from animals to humans, unless a virus is fairly specialized to the internal enviornment of a specific host there is always the chance that transmission can occur. All many viruses need is functioning transcriptional machinery to carry out the replication process and a weak immune system away they go.

Kamo's recipe for health sounds pretty spot on. Spirulina is the nutritional motherlode and I have lived off that stuff for a couple of days at a time back in Oz on surf trips. I used to take it in capsule form and have seen it in powder form as well. Where do you get it in Japan kamo?

Garlic is an absolute must and heaps of it. Not only is it super tasty and smells sexy in the kitchen when you cook with it, it's one of the best tastes in the world and keeps your immune system tip top in my experience. Get them both into ya. And avoid those stinky rush hour trains if you can. Oh, and the masks are a load of hot cock as the most common way to spread colds or flu is by touch, so wash your hands when you get home from the commute. OK time to get this suit off, it itches.

On a seperate note...God I love snowboarding. After reading his journal I thinking of dropping out up in A-town Hokkaido with Jay-see and getting seriously good at my boarding.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Sweetaz,

Kamo's recipe for health sounds pretty spot on. Spirulina is the nutritional motherlode and I have lived off that stuff for a couple of days at a time back in Oz on surf trips. I used to take it in capsule form and have seen it in powder form as well. Where do you get it in Japan kamo?
I buy it whenever I go back to NZ at the Health shop, always the powder and make fearsome fruit shakes with it ;\) . Also Stock up on Aloe Vera juice too (great for upset stomachs - esp after a hard night ;\) )
Also one more facet of my regime is distilled water, got a distiller and drink and cook with distilled water, Rice tastes better, Green tea tastes cleaner without all the nasties the creep into our water supply.