Keitai & driving DON'T MIX

I nearly had an accident this morning with a moron who was dialing his keitai and taking an icy busy road corner at the same time and losing control very nearly causing a big crash.

It makes me wild seeing people with their keitais when they should be driving, it should be banned.

It is banned and very well should be in my opinion.

The use of cell phones while vehicle is in motion has already been banned in Australia, Spain, Israel, Portugal, Italy, Brazil, Chile, Switzerland, Great Britain, Singapore, Taiwan, Sweden, Japan, and Austria. Driving with a cell phone was banned in Japan after a study found the number of traffic accidents related to the phones increased by 11 percent from 1997 to 1998. In the month after the law went into effect, the number of accidents caused by drivers using cell phones fell by about 75 percent.

The use of hands free mobiles in vehicles is not banned however, the use of mobiles without such devices is against the law. Learnt that in my 3 hour BS class for not stopping at a railway road(where there were barriers that come down when a train comes!) and being fined. All for the purpoise of some retired cop who doesn't know that retirement is a good time to take up gardening!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was up in Gunma, there was a crash on one of the roads going out to Katashina, caused by a bloke in a truck apparently using his keitai - great big accident, we have to wait 30 minutes to get passed it all.