• 3 weeks later...

This movie reminded me of when I was a 13 year old girl........The boozin', the drugs, the stealing, the pre-marital unprotected sex........ \:\)

Seriously though, well done and powerful movie. I can now see why my dad bitches so much about kids these days and is retiring early. He's a counselor at a middle school back in the US. Probably why all his hair's gone too!

Well, movie night is over. Time to go read and go to bed!

Quote:
Kinda strange movie about a messed up 13 year old girl going through her rebellion. The girl wants to be popular so she makes friends with another slutty, drug addicted, cleptomaniacal 13 year old girl. Her life spirals out of conrtol from there and we, the audience, just have to cringe and try to bare it. At one point I considered turning the movie off, but like a car accident I had to watch it. The movie is shot with a lot of hand held cam which gives it a cool visual style. Holly Hunter is good as the mother but the really interesting one is the 14 year old girl, Nikki Reed, that plays the friend and actually co-wrote the movie.
This movie has really stuck with me in the couple months since I saw it. I can't tell if that is good or bad.

It sounds good, I will have to watch it.

It really sounds like a Larry Clark movie though. Both `Kids` and `Bully` really stuck with me for a long time after I saw them, although similar to enderzero I`m not sure if its in a good way or not. Basically the movies are really harsh - violent, full of rape and other kinds of abuse among teenagers.

Clark was a documentary photographer who moved into film. His movies aren`t big at all but have a cult following. I guess a lot of people might have seen Kids, but Bully didnt seem to get any publicity at all when it came out last year.

Bully was like Kids but set by the beach and focusing on a pair of `friends` where one is a bully and one is the victim. The victim gets sick of the bully`s raping and abusive ways, and together with some other victims they plot to murder him.

It carries over the same documentary-style footage and ad-lib from Kids. If you `liked` (perhaps `found interesting` is a better way to put it) Kids, then you`d like Bully. Reminiscence of my LSD experience, I dont think I could watch either of them again, but I am glad I saw them.

Bully was a pretty intense movie. Based on a true story yeah. It was strange to see them all get into the mindset of killing so easily..

Not one I'd like to watch again. Has anyone seen Requiem for a Dream? That is definitely one to see once.. definitely one for the anti-drug campaigners, and another one only to watch once..

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pap. Must admit I wasn't in the mood for that kind of movie when I saw it, but it didn't really interest me. Just seemed to set out to be controversial.