Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
you can actually ski in the white mountains of arizona. i went skiing there once when i was like 10- i remember it was really warm so people were skiing in tshirts and jeans and whatever. i swear i remember one dude in shorts. but the summers arent too hot- it gets pretty cool at night. its also a beautiful area.
That's still quite a drive from Phoenix. I think Snow Bowl up by Flagstaff is closer than the White's (down by Tuscon area I believe). Also, what do you mean summers aren't hot??? Highs in the low 120's for a good many days eek.gif And don't tell me that it is just a dry heat either! ;\)

I've spent some time in the area. It is beautiful once you get into northern AZ (Sedona, Flagstaff - haven't been down south) but I just don't think I'd like to live in Phoenix. Too big and too hot and way too many old people!

My friend in Alaska just wrote saying it was -50 degrees C where he lives in Fairbanks. Brr.. I wonder how many times "samui" would be said if that was Japan? lol.gif

My eventual plan is to head south to NZ (hopefully for good). The snow is a bit heavier than here, but here's plenty to be skiied.

I just gotta go back to the states and finish (and start for that matter) school.

Funny how things work out - just found out I'll be going to a denwa conference in Alaska the 3rd week in April. I've never been there, never even flown over it - can't wait...now I gotta find out if they snowboard up there...

Ask and ye shall receive...