I was just reading an article on (I think it was The) Guardian (lost it!), and they were talking about cannibalism.

It's just bizarre to imagine that conditions like that can exist. The human mind is indeed bizarre don't you think.

(And that friggin doctor is moving away in April, which is cool lol.gif )

Quote:
Originally posted by its-a-clock:
It's just bizarre to imagine that conditions like that can exist. The human mind is indeed bizarre don't you think.

(And that friggin doctor is moving away in April, which is cool lol.gif )
It's funny(he he eep!) how you bring up the doc in the same thread as cannibalism.....you are one sick puppy ain't ya.
:p

A German cannibal who confessed to killing, dismembering and eating another man has been cleared of murder.

A Kassel court found Armin Meiwes had no "base motives" and sentenced him to eight and a half years prison on the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Meiwes had admitted killing and eating engineer Bend-Juergen Brandes, but said his victim had consented to his own gruesome death.

But prosecutors have called Meiwes a "human butcher" who acted simply to "satisfy a sexual impulse".

They say he should have been found guilty of murder and are considering an appeal.

The jury heard how Meiwes met Brandes after advertising on the internet for "young men for real slaughter and consumption".

The pair ate the engineer's penis before Meiwes carved the body into pieces, stored 66 pounds of flesh in a freezer and buried bones and the skull in the garden, the court heard.

Meiwes told the court that he met five other potential victims but did not eat them for various reasons - either they were too fat, too old, backed down or appeared unfriendly.

The court also heard how the 42-year-old computer technician was trying to find a second person to eat after devouring his first victim.

A policewoman said Meiwes described his compulsion to police as "a bit like a werewolf" that overcame him every six to eight weeks under a full moon.

Both sides had argued that Meiwes was mentally fit and a psychiatrist agreed, telling the court that while he may have been perverted he was legally sane.

----

(Sky said we could)

I was more sickened by the way he went about it (esp. the bit about how he sauted the guys penis and they ate it together!), than the actual act of eating human meat.

Surely the problem is more to do with the `murder` side of it than the `eating human meat` side.

I wonder if it is legal to allow someone to eat you after you have died naturally? It`s legal to give you body over to science after you die, so why not to a cannibal?

I think there are more valid reasons not to do it than its sick. The same was, sometimes is, said of gay sex and thats fairly accepted now. If I had to be involved in one or the other or die then a meat curry on rice with some sukimono might be preferable to a prison shower experience.

I think the killing/health/mental health/rights of relatives issues might be more relavant to making a law against it.

I was watching the Tele last night and they were talking about cannibalism in N. Korea. Anybody see that? It was talking about how children there were eating children to stay alive eek.gif " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> I couldnt belive it. Regardless of how much rice Japan sends over it seems like only the elite in power control it and eat it mad.gif