I am interested in this thing. Do you have bath or shower before you go to bed?

I couldnt be with someone who don't clean in evening. One of my friend told me they shower in morning and thats it! So they not clean in bed. It was shocking for me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shower or bath in the evening and always after working out. Echineko, why don't Japanese school kids shower after PE? They just put their cloths back on and go back to class all stinky and sweaty. wakaranai.gif

if i dont wash in the morning i feel dirty and sweaty from the night.

if i wash in the evening, i feel 'too clean' in bed. also, when i wake up my hair is crazy.

for these reasons, i shower in the morning.

the only exception is after snowboarding when, 'of course', i go to the onsen.

Honestly, I think this is the whole 'overly polite' attitude. Unless you need one, why shower or bathe before bed? I take one each morning before work and one after I work out (which is rarely right now). Onsen after skiing, on most occassions.

I'm curious - why do you need to be clean in bed? Is this a custom in Japan? Just slap some pit stick on and cuddle up to the one you love... \:\)

It depends on how i feel at the time. If it's been a really hot day, or i feel really cold (toes feel like popsicles) then I'll have a shower or bath b4 bed.

Otherwise I shower every morning and after working out.

The night I've put nice crisp clean sheets on the bed....I always have a bath - that provides the ultimate sleep. clap.gif

the last thing i want to do after having a shower is have sex. in fact, i feel most horny when i get home from snowboarding, and i am at my dirtiest.

it amuses me that people are suggesting they need themselves and their partner to be spotlessly clean to have sex, when you consider the filthiness that sex involves. :-)

i shower in the evening unless im working out, in which case i will shower in the evening and after ive worked out.

i dont like showering in the morning because its too cold to go outside with wet hair (freezes instantly) and i dont have the time or energy to blow dry in the morning.

i shower in the evening unless im working out, in which case i will shower in the evening and after ive worked out.

i dont like showering in the morning because its too cold to go outside with wet hair (freezes instantly) and i dont have the time or energy to blow dry in the morning.

If you shower just before bed every day then you must average about 23 hours between sex and your shower. That makes you clean for about 30 minutes a day. If you shower in the morning then your more often clean than not.

Quote:
"Well... the thought of a dirty smelly bed don't sound too appealing."

Don't you change your sheets? Do you think that they stay clean because you had a shower before you had sex on them?
 Quote:
If you shower just before bed every day then you must average about 23 hours between sex and your shower. That makes you clean for about 30 minutes a day. If you shower in the morning then your more often clean than not.
No..... shower in morning, shower in evening....

I usually shower/bath when I think I need it. Which is every morning and nights if the bod and brain is inclined.

Starting the day un-refreshed just doesn't cut it. Putting clean clothes on, going to work around other people smelling "soiled" is pearls to swine.

I'm sure this is one reason why the infamous "salaryman aroma" is so omnipresent in Japan. A night of sweating (it) between the sheets mixed with cheap after shave and stale tobacco is an assault on the nostrils.

Morning showers - Golden \:D

I think it depends on the time of year too. In summer it wouldn`t be uncommon to have 3, nearly cold, showers a day. In winter, defrosting the bathroom naked once a day is enough.

Ms Z, what sort of work do you do that gets you all sweaty in winter?

Evenings:

I like to get into bed clean, so I shower each night. In winter it is great as it warms me up with stinking hot water before bed. As an added winter bonus I also put my PJ's and towel into the tumble dryer 10 minutes before I get into the shower. Getting out of the shower, drying and dressing for bed is a pleasure that is only available in winter.

In summer I am sweaty and hot. The train ride is germy and gross. I always have a nice cool shower before bed. Get the aircon going 10 minutes before bed, turn on the fan, point it at the bed, get out of cold shower, dry, get into bed and get whisked away into cool breezy sleep. Nothing better after a hot day.

Mornings:

Obviously a shower in the morning is vital. It wakes one up, it tames ones birds nest hair..... it delays going to work and extends the comfort of bed. I will often spend 30 minutes each morning in the shower with my big bristle brush on a long wooden handle. Scrub the hell out of your skin, soles of the feet included, and use some tingly bath soap and you head off to wage war in the work force feeling like a dude who just went for a swim in the pool from the movie Cocoon.... Life does not begin until I have done my business in the shower.

I also try my level best to avoid shaving anywhere but in the shower, same as cleaning my teeth. So often if I decide to shave, or clean my teeth, I will have a shower. Also, if I am going out for the night I always have a shower. In fact, if I leave the house with any intention of enhancing my appearance, I will always shower.... even if I only had one a few hours earlier. Showers needn't be associated with only cleaning the body. How can you do your hair without completely wetting it with hot water first? Oh, that's right, most guys don't bother about their hair.

Before Sex:

How did you guys get on that topic??? No comment.

Is there a shortage of water in Japan? Tokyo?

My understanding is that in most of Tokyo there is difficulty in managing the very volumous water table that lies just below the former swamp that is the Kanto Plain.

For a city of its size, Tokyo has fanatastic water quality... where does it all come from?