• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• SnowJapan Admin

It might be, but there are more effective ways of spreading the word to larger numbers of people online.

Like the idea, just really a lack of time right now. Perhaps once we have got our updates done and had a bit of a rest we might rethink this again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine one person going down the slope, some free advertising if we buy the goods. wink

Of course, you guys are busy, and we know that. But put my board in for reapir this week (not going to talk about it) and there were/are some SJ stickers on it. The shop owners asked me what were they for and explained the site to them, seemed very interested and were going to check it out.

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, thank you very much. Your support is very much appreciated and we certainly realise the value of that kind of exposure.

friend

On the subject, if anyone wants any stickers just let us know. Perhaps once our updates get put online we'll post a new thread on that.

What can I say? There are so many different things that we could do with a very limited amount of time. There's no slacking going on here I can assure you. Just to make one point, no-one reading these Forums knows the extent of what we (and I feel a little cheeky including myself in that as it is mostly others) do other that what we offer up and communicate - there's a fair bit going on in the background in terms of getting further exposure for the site, trying to build relationships with ski resorts, getting the message out in different ways, etc. And I don't mean 'sales'. The thing is, shouting about it isn't really the way we go about things.

Anyway, I'm waffling, like I said once we clear this current hurdle we'll put some thought to this again. Thanks.

SJF I like your avatar. God design for a T shirt or beanie... Even a mug! wink wink ...

will look forward to it when it happens it happens. No pressure OK? We are not hassling!

Hey Rob, did you dog chew on ya board ? stir

• SnowJapan Admin

That's the design of the sticker, Jynxx.

BTW, if anyone with any experience in getting that kind of thing going is interested in helping at least getting the ball rolling, that would certainly help push things along a bit.

Originally Posted By: SJForums

BTW, if anyone with any experience in getting that kind of thing going is interested in helping at least getting the ball rolling, that would certainly help push things along a bit.

I have experience dealing with shirts and sweatshirts. Not hard really. You just need to have the graphic design made available to a company which prints them. Decide on what style shirt like polo, long sleeve, sport, fleece, etc and P.O.D. If you got that SJ design on a white, long-sleeve shirt, Id reckon it cost roughly 2500-3000 yen/shirt. Not bad really considering prices for shirts in stores can be from 5000-10000 just for Tshirts here. Insane isnt it.
Originally Posted By: tripler
how about a wall calendar with members' photos for each month? And we could vote on which pics make it.

somebody suggested that last year (maybe year before?), a calendar with members photos on it, would be cool cos there are some awesome photographers on here IMHO! thumbsup
  • SnowJapan Admin

Interesting ideas thanks.

Can't fit anything else into brainspace right at the moment but promise to get back onto these ideas in the near future.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Do you mean photos of members wink or members photos like a strip show calendar? omg

Photos of members' members would be a bit gay... (Thought I did ask my colleagues to do a 2008-09 team photo in their work wear and another in the same pose in the onsen wearing only their birthday suits but they're weren't up for it.) But on a serious note, it would be a challenge for the snappers out there to capture in a recognisable feature of each resort in the classic POW explosion shot, which are great but could be anywhere.
Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Do you mean photos of members wink or members photos like a strip show calendar? omg

Photos of members' members would be a bit gay...

No shit. wink