• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here on the 1% thingy there for 1kyu woywoy. Was the exact same first time I sat it too.

You should fly through it next time though, although I don't reccomend leaving a too longer gap in between in case they stop rehashing test questions.

Yeah I hear you mogski. Unfortunately it has been 2 years since I sat it and a big lot of study will have to be done for next time if I am to give it another go.

I heard they were going to change the format of the test or something but I havent seen any evidence of that yet ...

You are a translator or something aren't you mogski? I remember you talking about that intense "Bachelor of Japanese" degree you did back in NZ ... Your Japanese must be way good.

Couldn't be furhter away from translation. I am automobile.

Funny the how sometimes the things you study at Uni have absolutley no relelvance on the stuff you do after that.

i tried to go from 3kyu to 2kyu in one year and it was too much for me. i was studying maybe 4 hours a week and living in japan. however, i think i will pass it without much trouble next time..

i have been here 2 and a half years. i passed 3kyu after 1.5 years of studying japanese.

I do 2.5 hours a week with a japanese teacher, one on one in my house. Then i do maybe 1.5 hours a week either in a group workshop or by myself using my textbook.

• 1 year later...

Wow, your results come out so quick? I think we have to wait till mid-March for ours in HK. I'm pretty sure I failed mine (Level 3) and even if I passed it would have been by luck. Nevertheless, it's useful for me to see how far I am getting along in my Nihongo.