G'day mate, the name's Jimmy Bond

"He is the most successful 007 of all" - Pierce Brosnan

eh? maybe in terms of the Box Office receipts, but while PB was a good Bond he wasnt Sean Connery. Sean Connery was is and will always be Bond, James Bond.

One major point with the old SC bond flix was they had almost NO competition. The genre was unique & fresh at the time with "sensational" stunts and incredible story lines. A captivated market for sure.

Making a truly successful bond film now is in the hard basket I think.

Good point there snobee.

Still I have to say that connery was the best bond, just had the right "swagger" and that cheeky grin. The smooth accent didn't hurt either. And let's face it, sean is still seen by many women as damn sexy and he is getting on a bit.

Goldeneye was a cracker though in my book, helped on by an excellent videogame tie-in on the N64

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
Seems Brosnan's out of the Bond role and rumour has it another Aussie's going to be the next 007 - Hugh Jackman.
Forgive my ignorance, but who was the last Aussie bond?

A View to a Kill?

Apart from the laughable title, Moore looked like he needed a wheelchair. Love scenes with Grace Jones and that blonde squeeker were side-slitting (unintentionally). And the less said about the snowboarding scene, the better. The only redeeming feature of that flick was Christopher Walken doing his best - he's always good is Walken.