International Moving...

sad to say but I must start looking to the future and plan my great escape from japan...

phase 1 involves me shipping all my winter gear ( \:\( ) and other non-essentials back home...

so, any advice?? is it that much cheaper to ship over sea than by air?? What is the cheapest way?? time is not an issue...

anyone with some good experiences from a particular service??

thanks!

danz

TO get here I used a system kinda like Indo. It was an airport to airport service that was much much cheaper than a door to door service. It wasnt with an airline though it was with a shipping company but at Narita I picked it up from JAL's freight building. I just went and visited a few companies around the back of the airport one day with the stuff I wanted to send till I found a reasonable one. The difference in price between the companies was more than double so shop around. I used Owens.

good stuff! thanks...

barok, do you have a name for the service you used??

jared...did you have to bring your stuff to the airport?? or could you arrange delivery from your place to airport...

indosm...is there a weight limit for that??

thanks!

danz

I took my stuff to the airport but that was in NZ and I had a car and there is nothing as cheap and easy as takibin (or what ever the word is) in NZ.

I declaired that I had unaccompanied baggage when entering the country and they gave me paper to gave to someone else who gave me more paper to give to the person with my stuff. Sounds worse than it is.

when y'off danz?

i should really start making plans now.

me bike being stolen has reduced the amount of stuff i need shipping, so i guess thats a plus.

my stuff will also need to go into storage when it arrives , so thats something i need to consider.