OK ... here is the deal.

What do you do if someone you thought was a good friend has moved in on a girl you really really really like? You have already got rejected by her but still you are not over it and your mate moves in for the kill ... He is now going out with her. She rings you up to tell you as she is a good person but he does not contact you at all.

Has SHE betrayed you? Has HE betrayed you? Was he a real friend? How do you deal with these people in the future? Can you be friends?

What to do?

This girl is also a really good friend ... Sort of close to "best friend" material really. Thats what makes it even harder ...

I hung out with this guy a bit back home but was never super close. He was more a friend of a friend really.

This may sound harsh but...

You tried, she kicked you back, you have no claim to her, however you feel. If you think your friend has no right to ask her out (despite the fact its what they both wanted), then it is you who are betraying the friendships.

woywoy, contact him, see if he's chill, say that you are. If you're good friends, he's probably feeling bad/embarassed about the whole thing and may not know how to handle it himself. he certainly may not want to rub salt into the wound.

If you can't handle the thought of them together yet, keep your distance for a while, but don't let it be you that dumps the friendships over this...

Time heals nothing.

However heavy drinking, drugs and a generally hedonistic and self destructive attitude should help you on your way. Oh, and don't forget to hate. Hate is good.

Get drunk, be bitter, blame everyone, thank nobody.

I think Im agreeing wholeheartedly with db at the moment ... Time is very over-rated in terms of healing powers.

The promiscuity thing sounds good as well ... supposedly that is how they get people into that Ralean (?) sect!

Oh man:

My mate got married, I was best man. After the wedding reception I was "with" his heart break ex-gf, who was also at the wedding. Seeing as he was now married I thought he wouldn't need her anymore..... he saw it in much the same light. My gf at the time didn't..... particularly given that she was yet to digest the fact that I slept with 2 hookers the night before the wedding. My mate managed to see the funny side of this, which was great given that he was in fact marrying an ex hooker himself. Potentially he could have thought that it was insensitive for his best man to rock up at his wedding almost directly from a brothel.

Since then I am not friends with any of these people, but that has nothing to do with the events of that weekend.

My life used to be like a bad movie and man, it was fun.

sleeping ... with 2 hookers....

Is 'sleeping' a euphemism for something? Do events that lead you to get a smelly finger involve replaying your own bad movie?

woywoy, you need to sit down with your mate over several pints and really ask a lot of questions about what this girl is like in bed. You can take vicarious pleasure in how good it is now. And if he ends up marrying her, at a later date you can remind him of how good things used to be, when she's taking their baby's temperature every 40 minutes all night in the same bed.

Gosh, I hope mogski doesn't read this...

Quote:
Originally posted by d=(^o^)=b:
Time heals nothing.

However heavy drinking, drugs and a generally hedonistic and self destructive attitude should help you on your way. Oh, and don't forget to hate. Hate is good.

Get drunk, be bitter, blame everyone, thank nobody.
Shit, I spit my water up reading that \:\) Good stuff!

Seriously though, time does heal. Same thing happened with me and a friend. He got the girl, I got left out. Now that girl is gone and we are still great friends. A bit different for you I know, but just give it some time and try not to dwell too hard on it. If you really feel the need to talk with him or her, do it! You'll regret it if you don't and just get pent up with frustration. This is when the drugs and hookers and booze comes in. Nobody wants that. Well, maybe some do. A hooker sounds mighty good right about now.... \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:
You have already got rejected by her but.....What to do?
but.....no buts mate, you struck out,you cant stand on the plate and wait for another pitch, it is tough, however do you know how your mate has always felt about this girl?, maybe he digs her just as passionately if not more than you?
His chance came up and he who hesitates.....

It does suck for you but it wasnt your destiny, you fell off the wave, time to paddle back out and wait for another wave to come. Life is too short.