solution to shoulder pain

In keeping with my flurry of long and random posts today, here is another oddity and potential saving grace for other forum members with gammy shoulders.

Last season I had a crash that I don't remember, however in the evening my shoulder was the focus of great pain. This pain and discomfort lasted for months, well into summer. I couldn't even scratch my head properly, let alone anything useful. In the end I went to a physio and in the process of enduring the dull environment of sensible and genki sporty people who never do anything to trash their health I learnt that I had a buggered shoulder. No shit mate. Rotor cuff as usual, pretty common and so it seemed pretty hard to cure. The exercises I did for 3 months and they helped perhaps a little, but not much. Enough visits to genki physio place for me.

Over the months it got slightly better, but always bugged me. I couldn't surf and it disturbed my sleep. Even this season I was grumbling about my shoulder as I lugged my board around the gondola etc. The pain had become my brother, or so it seemed.

Then at xmas I crashed on hard packed crap snow and rocks and totally fnucked the same shoulder up. It was bad, REALLY hurt and messed up my riding for the remainder of the trip. I seriously thought that my season was over and surgery was on the way. The old brother pain had now turned into valium needing infliction. Man it hurt. As usual I did nothing about the injury and just grumbled a lot. I continued to snowboard on it and even went out a few time sto night clubs where I proceeded to dance in an all together not-sedate manner. Even through the effects of the evening's indulgences I could still feel the pain. Then some time in early Feb without noticing it happen I realised that the pain was gone. Not just the new big pain but also the old pain. The big stack and 4 weeks of sheer agony fixed the nasty niggling pain that the genki-life physio sporty dork couldn't do crap about.

My shoulder is now at about 99% rather than the 50% that it was at for all of 2003. Viva la rock and ice crash.

I did my shoulder in Hakuba on the first day of my hols last April. It is about 95% OK now. Like you I was kept awake at night and could not comb my hair properly I gave it 4 weeks rest and then went to the gym to find just what I could do with it I found exercise that did not hurt and worked on them.I went to a Sport Injuries Clinic and had a couple of sessions with them. They were suprised that I had no muscle deterioration If you have done the ligament it will take a long long time to heal. \:\(

I get that alot db, my whiplash last season would knock itself in and out with each successive nasty crash.

Same thing with the head, if I hit my head only once during a day, it hurts for a while, but if I hit multiple times, no problem.

Same thing happened this year with my knee. Tweaked it out with one nasty fall, but some nasty cliff drops in Montana straightened it right out.

Screw the P.T's

I wish I had that.

First I banged my elbow really hard skateboarding, then the next day my shoulder started aching and I couldn't scratch my back.

After several months of this, I came off my mountainboard and hyperextended the same shoulder. It hurt so much I didn't even notice I had torn a couple of bloody holes in my leg. To be sure it didn't fix the shoulder.

It still isn't right, although it doesn't stop me doing anything I normally do.

O11,

You should take that off-road skateboard of yours and go down Ishizuchi san!!! Damn, Id love to be there to get a few pics \:D That, or just latch on to a street car down central Matsuyama and give the locals a scare.

I went cruisin down the Hondori here on my rollerblades and had all those "manner-up Hiroshima" blokes blowin whistles like mad lol.gif

I had a big wipeout last weekend and my shoulder has been giving me grief ever since \:\( I'm holding out hoping it'll get better - it is a bit better today actually, give it a few more days.