Anyone here ever been on J tv? You know there's probably a good chance of it.

Koko ga hen dayo, or Sma Station, or something like that? There's been quite a few that have had gaijin in there either to shout, be silly gaijin, or just decorate...

Speaking of Spaniards, has anyone ever seen the TV show teaching Japanese how to speak Spanish? It used to be on non-pay TV late Saturday night. I didn't understand either of the languages but I certainly did enjoy it. The little bouncy bubble Spanish girl on that show was so cute.

Did two programs of Koko ga hendayo Nihonnjin. What an absolute waste of time that was. Cheap arses too! Think I might have said one or two things then I just shut up and enjoyed the zoo.

I've been on the news a couple of times, arguing that freshness should not be a key qualification of native language teachers and criticising the director of a university with a very loud hailer mounted on a van.

I got a strong sense of the progressive attitudes of some of the TV news staff, particularly when they took the initiative in 'directing' our demonstration for better TV effectiveness "Perhaps if you stood ... here ..., how about asking ... this...?"

Wow, I just realised I have a history - I haven't done anything on TV for ages, however in the past I did a KDD001 commercial back in the days of KDD, sang live with a band inside a temple in Kyoto (snowing outside, and we weren't allowed to use heaters inside the temple so we were freezing our butts off) as part of a surprise for some Japanese tarento who was special guest on the program. Her favourite song in the world was You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To, so they got us to do that song when she opened the door to the temple unsuspecting. She was crying (probably from the way we butchered the song rather than deep emotion). I also did a couple of small TV parts - one I was murdered - strangled, actually, in a J telemovie, the hardest thing was to keep my eyes open without blinking in one shot; another time I was a blood-soaked and blotchy ebola victim who had to really ham it up, (Japanese directors seem to always want to get their gaijin to overact), another time I played a psychic on an episode of Unbelievable. I also got to play Charlie Chaplain's wife in some doco and another time I got to play his mother, though for some reason I never got to play Charlie himself which was a disappointment to me. Also I was on tour a few years back singing backups for Mayo Okamoto on a concert which was televised, though that may not count.

I was on tv short time last year in "on street" interview. some tv station doing interview with people on street about current issue.

Also when London Hearts do Yarukisu some years ago, I was there (not doing only watching it).

:rolleyes:

I rememeber that is was fun. And that ugbug dude Suzuki-san. I wonder why they stopped doing that, coz it were real popular.

I havent watched them for a long time now they're on Tuesday (?) - are they still doing the same kind of things? Black Mail etc