I really dislike pointing people into OOB terrain on forums. The last thing we need to do is put someone into danger who doesnt have the skill level or equipment to head into non patrolled areas guys.

As for this season in like a a lion out like a lamb. I dont figure on much more snow, I hope so but the siberian cold air has turned off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I really dislike pointing people into OOB terrain on forums. The last thing we need to do is put someone into danger who doesnt have the skill level or equipment to head into non patrolled areas guys.
That is exactly why I gave information about mountain guides.

Fattwins, your point is taken and I respect your viewpoint. There are clearly marked gates that Patrol only open when it is deemed "safe".

I consider that out of bounds "lite" because it can be seen from the main ski area, it has direct access back to the lift, and does not require hiking to get in.

I am tired of seeing posts with "we have our secret pow stash, and we're not going to share it with you." Having said that, I'm not going to divulge some other spots that need to be earned, but that location in Hanazono is well known.

As a side note, I didn't see anyone with full avy gear in that area.

Im not trying to pick on you im really making a general comment. I have no problems sharing my stashes but I want to know how well the person skis or rides before I point them into un-patrolled areas. The internet is not really the place to give out powder stashes now is it? Anyone can read it and who is that anyone? Ive seen and heard of people doing stuff around hakuba without gear because someone told them that it was sic. We are very lucky that most people dont do it on the other side of a different resort cause they would get lost or have to walk a fair bit home. That is my point.