England tend to play at their opponents' level in competitive matches. They were not significantly better or worse than any of their opponents in the last World Cup, for instance. Even in the game they won comfortably, against Denmark in Niigata, they got a keeper o.g., a lucky bobble falling to young Michael, and a suicidal pass in the Denmark half leading to Heskey somehow hitting the ball through Tommy Sorensen into the middle of the goal.

It's not hard to imagine the back four and Butt/Hargreaves/Gerrard/Phil the Nev etc. snuffing out the French attack. The problem lies in England's own attacking options being extremely limited. The whole point of appointing Eriksson was to make us a more creative, continental-type side, but in that sense he's achieved bugger all. We're just a typical keep-it-tight, staid and boring Croatia-type outfit. El Beck specials and centerhalves from corners are our best hope of scoring. We've got nothing from open play. \:\(

Our first game is against France. If we can hold them or beat them, it will be looking good. Dread to think what'll happen though if Henry and co are all in good form eek.gif

I'm in a pessimistic mood today, for some reason wakaranai.gif

WOWOW satellite.

All games will be on live.

clap.gif

NB Whether you need the 3 channel digital wowow or not to be able to watch them all, I'm not sure - but I would imagine so. If you just have normal 1 channel wowow, you'll probably be able to watch a % of the games.

scouser, I've been trying to find that out without much success. Not on their website as far as I can see.

please dont tell me i have to go out and buy all the wowow equipment just to watch Euro2004!

I will be going back to the UK straight after it finishes! :'(

Are no games on SKY???