Fun race last night for a change. That Sato crash at the beginning looked pretty horrendous at the time, amazing no-one gets really hurt most of the time in these things. Good one, Trulli.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite fun, I suppose - definitely more than other races this year. I now watch the beginning then have the race on in the background while I do something else and just watch if something happens.

Shu and Montoya are like spoilt kids with their spats all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Shu trying to dismiss the fact that we're bored....Come on Button or Sato!

clap.gif

Michael Schumacher has hit out at those who believe his domination of F1 is boring.

The six-time world champion has won six of the first seven races, leading critics to complain that the sport offers poor entertainment.

Schumacher believes that is a short-sighted view and believes real fans are enjoying F1 as much as ever.

He said: "Something very unique and special is happening with Ferrari.

"People want to see this. I think people want to see who is going to be the first to beat us, too.

"Formula 1 has never had the excitement of many overtaking moves like in motorcycling. That's never been the case.

"Yet people still love the sport, and we have increased the numbers of viewers every year worldwide and that is much more important.

"Look at soccer and basketball. You might like either or the other more, but you don't do that because there are more goals happening in basketball and less in soccer.

"We should always have the sport as the main priority in Formula 1, and don't try to create artificial rules to make the show 'better' and the TV companies happier."

Well I had the "pleasure" of watching the F1 last night before the footie. Pretty boring.

1 thing though. I may be wrong but does Sato drive like a ****ing nutcase more often than not? That guy looks like he is a big big accident waiting to happen.

He is talented, but he has a lot of poor points too. He seems to be good at blowing his engine as well as rash attempts to overtake when the chances of a successful one are about 0.5%.

Interesting discussion about Sato here

http://forums.atlasf1.com/showthread.php?s=56a356e967d214a3f690c029bd25f549&threadid=70180

The thing that gets on my tits is the fact that the Japanese commentators never ever ever EVER EVER EVER say anything in the least bit negative about him. Its like hes bombing down the side of someone else in a ridiculous move and causing an accident and they're there sucking air and going "zannen desu ne" instead of proclaiming him to be the prick that he is.

Sato is going to win one soon it seems. I watched the race last night, lots of crashes. Ralf took his time to get out of his car, had us all worried there.

Yeah sure. I want to know why Shuey wasn't penalised for overtaking his teammate after that first safety car before the start line. Surely that is illegal??? wakaranai.gif

• 3 weeks later...

well, the 'Shoe' done it again last night. Nice to see the McLarens running closer to the front then they have for a while.

Still, I would like to see Schumacher pass someone on the actual racetrack, rather than all this tacticle thing where he makes all his moves while everyone else is stopped in the pits. I understand the Farrari team is obviously superiour, both in tactics and horsepower, but being a former motorsport competitor myself, I would really like to see him pass another car while under race conditions. But, I guess at the end of the day, a win is a win, right.....

But, what can you say, 80 championship victories now, (29 more than Alain Prost, 39 more than Ayrton Senna and 49 more than Nigel Mansell), and it looks like many more to come. Will he make 100 ????

I wonder what the viewer numbers are for F1 now. I know a few people who used to be really into it but don't even bother watching it now. It must be taking a big hit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...