I loved the first one but for a number of reasons haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd. But heard lots of bashing.

So - with some space between them - what are they like? Any good or not worthy of the Matrix name (as it stands after just seeing the first)

Thank

WM

Ahh, go on and watch 'em. They are just movies, really. Anyone who thinks they are any more than just movies, probably shouldn't be watching movies.

Anyways, yeah the first one is by far the best, the second one only has eye candy value, and nothing really happens, as far as the story goes. But I actually enjoyed the third one.

Alot of those reviews that you read about 2 and 3 were probably American reviews. The US critics didn't like 2 and 3, but from what I've read, the rest of the world did, so there yah go.

People like to bash what's popular and does well. I, for one, enjoyed all three for what they were worth - an entertaining ride through a great and imaginative collection of stories. If you enjoyed the first one, my suggestion is go and see the other two. The may not live up to the hype or your expectations, but they're still better than getting a kick in the groin or sitting through an episode of reality TV (not sure which is worse there).

I finally watched 3 last week... and it definitely had some badass scenes, but the rest of the movie had me slapping my forehead and rolling my eyes. 1st one was a great start, but the 2nd and 3rd parts are lessons in how to f-up a good story.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> had me slapping my forehead and rolling my eyes

That actually sounds like quite an entertaining performance. Have you considered what you're going to do for the sequel?
Well in true matrix fashion I would continue with sequels entailing monologues of half-baked philisophy and drawn out death scenes intertwined with hard forehead slapping and eye rolling. ;\)

I could only see it on a pretty shitty local cinema (not sure you could actually call it a cinema!), so I wasn't able to appreciate all of the effects and everything - and it had me bored. If you liked the 1st one, I'm sure you'll want to see the other two just don't expect anything as unique.

I hear they're thinking of doing an Agent Smith vs. Terminator film. I thought it might be really boring, pointless, inconsequential and catatonia-inducing, but actually it looks kinda interesting.