Gamers - do you "cheat" and do you finish games?

I usually finish a game if I like it.

Sometimes a good new game catches my attention before I can finish it though. I was on the last bit of Grand Theft Auto, but now I have switched my attention to the new Bond game. I also nearly finished SSX Tricky3 but then got turned onto Wolfenstein.

I genereally dont bother with walkthrus as it usually takes me longer to find one on the internet than it would do just to persevere and finish the puzzle.

On longer RPGs I sometimes use a walkthru though, just so as I dont spend 7 hours trying to find the key to the door or something.

I find that games are much 'tighter' these days, meaning that the puzzle difficulty is well thought out so you dont get stuck for hours over something stupid (like used to happen back in the day).

I think most games are way too hard. I prefer easier ones that I can actually progress in rather than messing around desperately trying to find something or find a way to beat just one fellow.

On the contary, I think a lot of games are getting easier. Some of the ealier games couldn't fall back on flash graphics, huge level size, amazing short movies etc to grab the gamer, so they had to rely on good gameplay and really testing (if a bit repetitive) level design. Early Zelda or Metroid games are a good example.

If I am seriously stuck then I will resort to a walkthrough, but nothing bets the reward of working it out for yourself, especially if a bit of lateral thinking and experimentation is invilved. Time and my girlfriends patience is the only problems now.

I like to use cheats by about level 3. I cheat all the time, It is a computer game, not my life. I do not want to spend hours and days trying to get through a level. I want to punch things and shoot stuff and use lots of huge guns all at the same time that lets me blow all sorts of shit up. However I only play approx 2 computer games per year so I would call myself a gamer. I get bored of them so fast. I recently had a few months where there was souped up Enderzero xbox in my house. I think I played it intensely for a week and then forgot about it.

If I can't find a cheat, I usually get bored and stop. The only game I ever finished without cheating was Bubble Bobble, about 15 years ago with my little brother.