I used to love mazes - those pics are of Longleat and Hampton Court there right? Is Longleat still the biggest in the world I wonder. I remember going there when they'd just planted the thing so it was a couple of feet high \:\) Looks like it's all grown up now!

Other good ones I've been to (a long time ago) at Blenheim Palace and Tatton Park.

But I never have seen one in Japan.

Yes, we could discuss possible solutions to the problem and enjoy the challenge of finding out way out. At the same time, we could discuss the concepts behind maze design and other mathematical issues. What fun! clap.gif

From the perspective of many non-poms, lagar is something that all poms say and drink:

"hey lad, wanna go down the booza n 'ave a lagar?" (nasal expression).

"yes thanks lad, I luv me lagar".

As with most stereotypes, it may not hold true.

With pork scratchings of course. They are just so vile when you think about it. (But good after some LAGERS).

Scouser - them there NORTHERNERS will have a good seeing to on Sunday, they wont be laughing then lol.gif

I used to be really interested in them as well, but never made it to many. Is Longleat near Stonehenge or in that area?

Hampton Court is well kept but easy and quite small.

Where was the Shining maze?? (Was it a real maze?)

Near my gaff in Wanaka NZ (great ski town by the way) theres an awesome maze and illusion centre. The guy that designed it is a ****ing genius. His house overlooks the labryinth and he@s rumoured to enjoy sipping a cup of tea whilst watching people struggling with his course like rats in some kind of warped experiment....read into that what you will... You can spend hours in there trying tricky (and trippy) ..plus they got those rad M.S Escher designs...all fun and games....Great for a family day out....The mini golf course takes the piss a bit though.....