Worlds best tourist destinations (poll)

By the way I got the ideas for these items from the BBC's website of 'top 50 places to see before you die'. A lot of the choices there were really lame places in USA/Australia, like Florida (!?!) so I cut them out.

Theres a wee flaw in you poll.

If your just a youngan and havent been anywhere yet then you cant get past the first stage to vote on the second stage. Also your title is worlds best destination but the poll question is where have you been and where do you want to go. I dont think that the places I want to go are the best tourist attractions as I have ulterior skiing motives.

Otherwise interesting topic.

Ive been to a to a lot of those places.

The Himalayas totally kicks arse, but you have to be interested in hiking for days to appreciate it. You can fly up to Pokhara and get an idea though if you are really lazy. The main treks in Nepal are all fairly touristy anyway, but there are still plenty of quiet ones.

I've been to some amazing places, none of which appear in that list, and there are places I'd like to go that aren't on the list.

BTW, what's wrong with places in AUS?

My favourite place has to be The North West of Scotland, and I'd love to go to Tibet, but only if the Dalai Lama could go with me freely.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to compare them.

As for the way to Himalayas, I heard that Nepal side is more touristic and better scenery than Tibet side. I have a friend who is a photographer and organizes the tour around Tibet every summer. I have to take 1month off for this tour but it's really attractive for me.

Slow, if i have to vote for either of them, i will have to compare, unless i have completly misunderstood the meaning of the word "compare" it means something like this: hold the items (destinations) against each other and (in this case) make a choise of which tourist destination is the best.

if that right?

from Britannica:

1 : to represent as similar : LIKEN

2 a : to examine the character or qualities of especially in order to discover resemblances or differences b : to view in relation to

And that leaves me with my question again...

how to compare Himalayas to New York ;\)

ATB

Thunderpants

You're not being asked to compare them, you are being asked to state a preference for one.

Consider the following:

I like chocolate bars, but I dont like hot chocolate.

(PREFERENCE)

Chocolate bars are sweet, solid desserts. Hot Chocolate is a hot drink made with milk and chocolate powder, it genereally has a weaker taste than regular chocolate.

(COMPARISON).

yeah i am going around south america or central america for 2 months before starting grad school.

I was thinking the classic Peru/Bolivia/Chile route, but I was reading the Central America guidebook the other day and it has made me excited about Nicaragua, and Honduras.

These 2 countries have finally settled down and become travelable, but people haven't cottoned onto it yet so its really quiet in terms of tourists. They are also very close to Belize and Costa Rica for a bit of more mainstream travel, and Caribbean beaches. Mmmm......