Thankfully being pregnant finally cured her of a seemingly unstoppable addiction. I gave up that tobbacco crap 5 years ago and am now a typical smoke hating ex-smoker. Be my guest with ganja though, nothing wrong with that apart from motivation drain.

As the saying goes, "Nothing worse than a born-again christian..."

I'm a 'born again" non-smoker, and totally intolerant of smoking. Even talking to smokers in the office disgusts me, all but the most anal smokers smell 'dirty',,, set me in a restaurant next to smokers who leave their fags smoking in the ashtray as the air current carries it to me, instant smoke rage...

The idea of having a smoking partner now is inconceivable.

(I do, however, harbour a certain respect for considerate smokers, and it ain't that hard to be one. Having been a heavy smoker for six years, I know.)

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
nice to know I am not the only non-smoker who absolutely detestes smoking.
I am glad you feel reconciled with your rage when amongst the popular masses. ;\)

As an ex-smoker, I have always been against anyone that smoked. Never went out with anyone that smoked for ages, until I met teh girl of my dreams (except she smokes) Funny thing is, I hardly ever notice it on her. I don't think she draws very heavily on the cigarette, so doesn't get that much smoke. She often only smokes 1/2 a cigarette then puts it out.

Sometimes love can do crazy things to you.

I'm a semi-redeemed smerka (I smoke cigars sometimes) and the wife is a confirmed smerka. She does it outside and has a chair and ashtray all set up nice-like on the front porch.

Sometimes she smells vile, and other times she doesn't. I don't think she'll ever get over smoking, so I don't want to be too much of a pain in the arse about it. When I've been on my rowing machine she says "You stink", and when she's been out for her tabs, I say "You stink".

Liberte, Equalite, Fraternite, saieth the Frogs.

Soz, couldn't put up with that it would drive me insane. The only solution is a ban on relayshonships with smelly people.

lol.gif I've been in Australia for a few weeks - my grammar has deteriorated.... lol.gif I should rephrase that - kissing a smoker is like tasting the contents of an ashtray.

How's that new keyboard comin' along db?

• 2 weeks later...

I met the girl of my dreams once, thought she was anyway, but when we kissed for the first time it was AWFUL. Terrible. I will never forget that. I couldnt get over it.