Utada is eminently more humpable than Britters although they both produce rubbish music. Hearing Utada whining 'can you keep a secret?' repeatedly while I was snowboarding at Royal Hill a while back made me think of some fun ways of temporarily incapacitating her for singing. I didn't exercise my imagination overly hard, I must say.

At the risk of being uncool, I quite like her. Shes way better than most Jpop, quite a few of her songs are quite good and sound good too rather than that generic 80s SAW pop sound that lots of jpop has. She seems quite spunky.

cool.gif

Definitely better than bloody Puffy, thats for sure.

;\)

She sounded quite hot on that single - the whininess came across as sexy pain which went very well with the lyrics.

Then everything else she did sounded just the same. But hey, not really being able to sing is no obstacle to being a vocalist these days.

Actually, I am quite impressed by not only her singing and looks, but also the quality of her compositions. In some of them she has sections which are contrapuntal instead of the normal one melody line. That's a very interesting style.

I was hoping you wouldn't ask that...it's been some time since I've actually listened seriously to her work and I remember it was in her first album. I think it was "Time will tell".