Do your Japanese colleagues take much time off work? Some of the younger guys I work with seem to take more time off than the older guys, perhaps a change in the way of thinking? The older guys never seem to be off for more than 3 days. Sad.

People round me - take the national holidays and the odd other day here and there, but usually nothing more than 2 or 3 days at a time. Taking a 2 week period off would be out of the question so it seems.

Golden Week - we always have one day of classes at school in there just to piss us off. I actually think its so teachers wont go anywhere... What a load of shite. I considered using a paid holiday but Im not gonna do much anyways but stay in Kansai so I might as well teach. Why is it that Monbusho wont just make it a full week of vacation? I guess this goes along with everything else that is 中途半端 :rolleyes:

I think the big travel companies and airlines should get their act together and start pressuring the government and so on to encourage/allow people to take more holidays.