Sorry for keeping you in suspense, I didn't realise there would be any interest!

What do ya wanna know?

I got the skis from Fuso sports

Fuso Sports

They are down an alley, across the street from Akibasports Akiba

which is just down from the big Victoria shop on the corner....

I'm not saying they have the best prices but they are friendly and helpful. Plus I was worried about the Karma selling out really fast as it did in NZ this winter, so the price of ¥75,000 with new Marker bindings fitted my budget.

I have no idea what they are going to be like to ski, I was on a pair of Volkl 5 stars before and they were wicked on piste, great for carving and looking like a spanker. Not sure how these will go on piste, but they are quite a lot stiffer compared to other twin tips, anyways I'm sure they'll rock in the pow pow and later on in the cut up crud in NZ.

No firm plans for Niseko yet, but I usually head up in Dec and then again in Feb, score the cheap deals from the JALAN mag, about ¥50,000 for 4 days of action from Hanada, with everything included, lift all day and night, pension, Dinner , breakfast, plane, bus. Can't beat that I reckon. Cheap as it is mid-week, Monday to Thurs.

As for the deals in Jimbocho, I'm not too sure, was surprised to see that Victoria have a lot more high-end gear and twinnies, maybe you can talk turkey with them, otherwise you need a few hours to walk the streets and find the deals, as it was pi$$ing down last Monday the guy gave me extra rainy day discount, how's that eh?!

How about the earthquake last night, I was rockin and I'm on the ground floor! Pleased I wasn't up high somewhere.

Cheers all, looking forward to the snow!