Some of my friends were talking about this last night, they said they wanted to go back home to their countries asap. The only reason they stayed was either the money (more than they could get back home) or contracts (they had to stay longer). Myself - I dont feel the need to leave Japan now. Apart from the less than optimal cheese situation, I am very happy here.

I was wondering who else here is itching to leave?

I was loving it here until a few months ago and now I am really fed up with my job and co-workers. I am going to grad school in the UK and looking forwaord to travelling around Europe on long weekends. I can always come back to Japan in a few years.

I think I need to go home so I can put Japan and my life into perspective better.

I'd love to leave - can't wait for the day that I can do it, though that could still be several years away.... I'd prefer to be spending a lot more time outside of Japan in the interim.... but for now, if I'm going to be unhappy about anything, I'd prefer to feel unhappy about where I live than feel unhappy about what I do for a living.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like some people here leaving Japan soon?? I feel a little sad... " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Who is leaving, danz? db?

db is already in the UK I think, even though he forgot to send a card. He posted something yesterday, so I'm sure he'll stick around.