Cheers F.T. Got lots of goodies there eh? My mate may be going home on a business trip so if I can get that stuff to his family soon he could bring it back for free \:D

What was the difference between Barryvox and Ortovox that you mentioned over beers last time?? confused.gif

the Barryvox is a bit more simple if you set it up right. less range but it does more of the work for you. i would go with the SOS best range by far or spend the extra money on the new pieps. what ever you get they will all work fine.

The prices in Japan dont change Yuki. I figure that set above will be available for the season so no need to rush.

Im a fan of the barryvox as I think it is the smallest and has the best straps/holder. Strange criteria but it makes you more likely to put it on and leave it on. I plan (hope) to always wear mine but never really use it.

I bought a barryvox but its not a beacon you can just hand a person and say use it. You must set it up a bit and then explain how it works. I get worried cause if an avie happens will someone panic and not press the buttons right

I like the SOS cause its simple and the range is epic. I tested the SOS and it has a true 60meter range the barryvox 30meters. also the SOS is quick to set to find.

i have both and I do like both but I had to read the barryvox manual and I will read it again this year too.

PS beacons are best under your arm pit side of your body. This protects it from being smashed

Yah the SOS is super easy and that is really what you want in a beacon.

I have only ever used the old Pieps Opti4 and my new SOS.

I trained a lot on the old pieps which is probably one of the harder models to use as it is pretty much all on sound with just 2 lights.

But having used my SOS now I love it. The range is amazing as FT said and it is pretty easy to learn.

Toque you left that post hard to say anything in response. So I will say nothing. I want the new SOS with a few more lights. Next year I figure they will upgrade it so I might hold off. I want 10 more meters on the pieps before I switch.

Wonder if Pieps fixed their problem from last year. They could not sell the latest DSP Beacon due to interference with Nippon keikai frequencies. It keeps resets itself.