• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Italians had more cause for concern in the World Cup when they got robbed against Korea. Maybe they still havent quite got over that one. But if you have character you make sure stuff like that doesnt happen again, whereas they clearly didnt learn their lesson and went out in this tournie and under-performed.

Anyway I am starting to get well excited about tonights game. Come on!

HELP HELP HELP !!!! mad.gif

Wondering if anyone can help me please....I live in Niigata, near Yuzawa, without skytv, wowow, or anything else, just about 10 local channels. I was able to watch the england v japan game a few weeks ago, but I have pretty much been in Tokyo since. I have now come back to Niigata, and, to my horror, I haven't been able to find diddly squatt about the football on the tv here.

QUESTION: Does anybody else live in Niigata, and if so, are you watching the euro on local television, AND, if so, what is the channel you are watching it on. Are the games delayed, or replayed or something ???? As I said, I have only these local stations, and, to be honest, they blow, big time !!

This has really got me bummed. I sat and read a commentry of the last england game, but, jeeezzzzz, have you ever done that....for example,

58 "..owens shot is saved"

61 "...james makes a fine save for england"

64"...Rooney makes a shot at the goal"

Lots of gaps, if you know what I mean.....

Not a lot of fun...Sure at least you get the result, but, people, please.......... hheeeeeeeeeellllpppp.........

I am resigned to the fact that I may just miss out, but I hope not.........

A commentary of the game should be on BBC Five Live radio, but they may not have Internet broadcasting rights. There may be radio on the Euro 04 official site.

This is just a suggestion, and it's your choice if you get up or stay up to find out....

The Premiership is supposedly back on Five Live on the Internet from next season.

What do you guys reckon about England fans booing the oppenents national anthem?

Personally, I thought it was wrong until we faced Argentina in the World Cup and then I must admit I booed their anthem too. It was payback for Maradonas handball. But I think its a bit much to boo every teams anthem. Eriksson is telling the fans not to do it, and UEFA sound like they might start handing out bans for it.

Disgraceful behaviour under any circumstances. No excuse to boo the Argentinians either.

Not only the coach but also the captain of the team should be condemning it in the strongest possible manner, and punishments should be handed out.

Cut their goolies off.

We should boo our own national anthem and the oompah band as well because they're crap. All of the England fans' songs are crap as well. There's not an ounce in humour in any of them.

Dear God

Please don't let there be anything to do with penalties in the game tonight.

Coz we're crap at them and always lose.

Cheers.

Scouser, on behalf of the England team

montoya and nofakie - THANK YOU clap.gif Got the site, and I think it's gonna work for me YIPPY !!!!

Currently listening to some interview with an english rugby union player talking about the upcoming game against the wallabies - payback time for the world cup.....There is NO WAY england can beat the Aussies again.....

Before that though, I look forward to a good call by whoever is doing the bbc5 stuff in the morning, and hope to hear england hand out a lesson to Figo and co.....

here we go, here we go, here we go.......

It's a shame that the Americans killed Uday Hussein. What a terrible waste of sports leadership.

_40262259_masks_298.gif

Bastinado at the airport for Becks, and see how Sven pronounces 'tired' with his tongue cut off.

Gotta love this Owen comment after the game:

"These tournaments only come round every two years so we can't win every time."

Er, can't win EVERY time?! eek.gif Perhaps he meant to say "can't win EVER"?

Talk of the penalty spot also is a waste of time - everyone was taking it from the same place.

I was watching Becks in the game quite a lot - he is half the player he used to be. Making Fergie look like a genius. Sometimes looks like he can't be arsed anymore. wakaranai.gif

Gutted!!!

Becks played terribly (all tournament i might add)! he literally looked as though he didnt give a shit at times. should've been subbed on 60 minutes. big cheers for Sol who was outstanding as was Cole. couldnt see them going past our defence until Gerrard and Scholes were taken off.

we were by far the better team until the subbing started, only giving away long range shots. didnt quite understand what Sven was doing? poor substitutional tactics i thought. made our midfield weak leaving gaps between them and the forwards. reverted to long clearances losing the ball instantly!

once again BIG Sol has one unfairly disallowed at the death. Shame on you Ref!!! Let the greasy cheating diving Portugeese win. hope they go down in the Semis with many red cards, especially for that slime ball Nuno Gomes!!!

victory stolen on the penacs again.

Ah well, bugger it. I'll lose no sleep tonight. am friggin' 'nackered. look to Germany!!!