I just saw this movie today, 24 hour party people. It's about "Madchester" and the music/drugs scene and this main bloke in charge of it all. Good stuff, I didn't know about that, how much of all this is true.

Great flick - brings back a lot of hazy Manchester memories.

The Tones Wilson and Shaun Rider acting is spot on. I saw a pic of Rider a few months back in a magazine and he is seriously PORKY now.

Excellent isn't it.

I think they should have kept the original and turned it into some kind of ----- something. It was worth preserving as a cultural icon (or something). :p

I loved the hangliding and pidgeon analogies, as he says they work on two levels. And bez was always my favourite member of the Mondays.

Too much fun in '91!

• 10 months later...

I watched this again after listening to a lot of that kind of music - I really like it, fun to watch. Steve Coogan was really good in it.

Not perfect (where did New order go??) but - great film. I think I've seen it 5 times now and it doesn't get boring. Coogan really gets the Wilson thing going on. I remember back when he was doing some of those programmes on Granada. More than that I remember the Hacienda and have enjoyed more than a few memorable nights there (along with a few 'hazes'). It should not have been destroyed, criminal.

I was well into the scene at the Hacienda and Manchester back then, I was at college in Manc just at the right time \:D Wild times it sure was. Great movie as well, that Hacienda set was incredible. Try the book some extra info in there.

• 2 years later...