• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is way too expensive for a handheld - it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off with a hefty pricetag like that. Looks like it is getting delayed too - esp in western markets.

The machine sure looks good.

• 2 months later...

My my. That is agressive pricing considering the crappy looking DS is 15000 (right?) They must be losing on that big style to get a big foot in the market.

It'll still be a complete ripoff over there though wakaranai.gif

That should be sweet. So much for the people saying they'd have to charge 50000 yen for the spec its at. That means they might be taking a big blow on each unit just to get the base.

I'm not a gamer myself but have a client who works for one of the two handheld companies launching these machines soon... and I can tell you they seem a bit shocked at the price point of the competition..... That PSP does look like an attractive bit of gear though, anyone seen one of those screens close up?

I bought a nice aluminium and steel hoe for only Y1,980 from DIK the other day. I was quite surprised at that price point, especially considering how much recreation, exercise and produce it should result in. I think I might make a custom long handled spade too for a total of Y4,000 - another bargain!

• 3 weeks later...

You got one? Well done. I heard that it would be almost impossible to get one today.

I was in Tokyo until yesterday and they've got some cool ads going on in some stations - security guards, nice touch!! lol.gif The thing itself looks like a very desirable piece of kit, wouldn't mind that on a long plane flight.

• 2 weeks later...

They are doing same thing they did for PS2 - make it very difficult to get hold of when launch and create buzz about it. But I think that may backfire (?) because people angry at not being able for getting it. I heard just 200,000 units at launch, but maybe 5 tmes that people want it.