Recently I went back home for a short time and felt lucky to get one of the seats behind an emergency exit on the plan so I could strech my legs out.

When I arrived at my seat, I saw I was next to another gaijin. Middle aged bloke, quite fat. Hmm, Ok I though. Take off - ok.

Then it happened. He took his (dirty looking) trainers off and I could almost SEE a wave of SMELL coming up from his very dirty looking socks. It was disgusting.

Luckily the plane wasnt too full so I could find another decent seat, but if I hadnt Im not sure what I would have done. Told him? Told the stewardesses??

It really was a strong pungent smell - not just a bit. Surely he knows??

He was a sweaty dude as well. Shudder to think of it now.

:p

Thats gross. I'd complain DEFINITELY. 12 hrs on a plane is bad enough, but next to sicko smells that can be avoided. NO WAY.

I had the misfortune of getting a bus seat next to one of the great unwashed. Adelaide to Alice Springs, 1560k's & 20 hours.

As long as he didn't move, it was not toooo bad, but when he moved, OMG, it was gross. I spent most of the trip talking to the drivers.

Been lucky on planes so far, maybe I've been the smelly one lol.gif lol.gif

I've been next to someone that seemed to have peed in his pants 2 weeks ago and not washed since. It was terrible and I had to put up with it for 4 hours. I considered paying up for an upgrade even (and I had no money)