Did your curiousity and compelling need to know get the better of you? did you watch the video?

apparently it was the most searched thing on the internet last week, thousands downloaded it.Just go to Kazaa and types those 3 words and see how many thousand people are sharing a copy.

I don't want to see it. But that is because I cant handle reality.

On the flip side, perhaps I can handle reality but just don't need to see it in crude detail.

Eg:

I accept fully the reality that my mother gave birth to me but I do not want to see a video of it, nor the moment of conception.

This is a pretty strange example and somewhat out of place on a thread like this but it is also the example I use when people accuse me of not being able to confront reality when I refuse to see certain footage and photographs. In addition, I am not interested in watching something creative (birth and conception) then why on Earth do I want to see something destructive, Hollywood's output included.

Good example!

I don't like seeing the reality of myself in photos and on video for some reason. It's not that I'm ugly or anything (honest!), I just cant cope with it - bad when you know my g/fs father videos almost everything and loves to play them all back all the time. (I hate that!)

I watched it last week. It wasn't as gruesome as it was made out to be, although it was bad. There were a lot of things in the video that made me question its authenticity, however. It seems like quite a few people noticed what I did and a lot more.

I'm providing a link to what I'm talking about above. I just want to warn everyone, the page does open up to some very graphic photos of the captors holding the severed head (and other photos - not so bad). Please do not click on this link if you can't handle or don't want to see such things. The informational text is below the the 5 or so photos at the top of the page. There is a lot to digest here, but you can get the jist of things by reading the first few articles.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/POW_beheaded.htm

I've been reading a lot about this Plucky, thanks for those links. They even led me to a frame-by-frame analysis by a video guy, showing that bits of audio were cut out, as well as some frames here and there.

I don't particularly feel like watching the actual video, but I've read enough and seen some of pics from the 'it's the same chair' article to feel the beheading is very likely to be fake.

There's nothing fake about that video - there's all sorts of teenagers out there recycling stuff from each other's blogs, from Hamas's website, from off the tops of their heads.

Watch the video 6 times yourself, watch 3 other videos of Islamicists cutting off heads in Chechnya and other places (6 times is probably enough for each to take in the details), then make up your own mind.

Not watching this, and watching hundreds of Hollywood fakes while you eat popcorn is sick. There are valuable lessons to be learned from seeing something real like this. The bland lies of Blair, Bush, Powell, Kimmitt and all the rest stick in your throat far more once you've seen something like this, then multiplied it by however many people have died horribly in Iraq.

I watched the Berg video 4 times and do not question the fact that it is a real decapitation of a real person. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist and usually laugh such speculation off. In this case, however, I found a lot of things fishy about the released video as I watched it before I even read any of the speculation from the link I posted. There is a lot of head-scratching information/misinformation being spread by many different sources, including the US govt.

I completely agree Ocean

Quote:
Not watching this, and watching hundreds of Hollywood fakes while you eat popcorn is sick. There are valuable lessons to be learned from seeing something real like this. The bland lies of Blair, Bush, Powell, Kimmitt and all the rest stick in your throat far more once you've seen something like this, then multiplied it by however many people have died horribly in Iraq.

What's fishy about it?

(I have read all the stuff about the white plastic chair, the orange overalls, the 'military cap' and see nothing odd about that at all. Remember that the occupiers in Iraq have no idea who and where their enemies are ... and consider what common commodities we're talking about here)

So what else is there?

It seemed like they either got his head off super quick with a tiny little knife, or the video was edited. Either way its a little `fishy.`

The timing of the release of it too, just after the inmate abuse thing, is slightly fishy.

However on the whole I thought it was probably real, and I found it abhorrent/sickening.

I took a video of me skateboarding at the weekend and edited it.

It's fishy because;

- The sound is out of sync with the image

- I'm not known to have video editing skills

- The video has been edited

- I'm clearly wearing training shoes which is not consistent with my culture

- I claim to be skateboarding in a cemetery although there isn't a single gravestone visible

- I'm riding the skateboard - how could I have videoed myself?

- I have recently complained of back pain, but here I am - riding a skateboard!

Fishy, very.

What I find fishy is that the media suddenly started calling him an 'American businessman', and quoted people saying that he was 'a real smart guy'. Clearly he was neither. He was most likely a naiive thrill-seeker with absolutely no insight into his position in the world, who had lost his head before he even got to Iraq.

For shocking, appalling, abhorrent, barbaric, grotesque, evil, beyond the pale, how about bombing a wedding party in the desert, killing men, women and children, kicking your way through the survivors, then lying brazenly about it? "Bad people hold celebrations too" y'know.