i know for alot of countries in the region, specifically heard of malaysia and indo, if you are canadian (due to the sars business) you might have a bit of trouble getting in. i know you need to get a visa now to go to malaysia for sure. you never used to, so if you are heading in this direction just check out embassy websites for the low down.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Thailand last month, between the 7th and the 23rd.

I picked up an eye infection about a week before I went and was worried that I'd have a hard time getting into Thailand because my eye was all red. In the end, it was no problem at all. There was no inspection or anything. Coming back to Japan, we just got the normal "Have you been ill?" piece of paper. The only thing I noticed were sniffer dogs, which they never used to have.

As for the trip, we spent almost the whole time on Koh Tao. We did a load of dives and had a great time. We stayed at Sairee beach, which is quite pretty and has a good selection of restaurants and bars without being too developed. The sea there is quite shallow though, so if you try to swim out at low tide you'll probably cut yourself on some coral.

Thanks to the 1500m "wall" to the west, we never see the sunset in Hakuba, so it was great to watch the sun go down from the beach. On some days it was quite spectacular.

• 2 weeks later...

Its Sad... we had to postpone... \:\(

were going in december now instead of july... the terrorist stuff buggered up the trip...

SO SAD,...

but on the other hand.... were going to Jindy (PERISHER BLUE... do do do what u wanna do do do what u wanna at perisher blue...)

for the mth instead! kick aSS!

just got back from 10 days in koh samui. it was really good. i didnt even hear about the terrorist threats, dont think it would've stopped me anyway! we mostly stuck to chaweng & lamai beach, met tonnes of cool people, and there was brilliant weather (didnt rain once). only down side was coming from singapore we had to go to the hospital every 3 days for a SARS check - not enough to spoil the trip though!

the first few days it was really sunny so pretty hot. but the last few days it was pretty overcast but still fairly humid. it sure beat singapore weather though! you dont notice the heat as much because you are doing different activities (mainly on the beach), wearing different clothes etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I stay 4days in Bankok next week.

Not enough time for island, so I'd like to explore Thai modern art.

Anyone know interesting place there??

I'm looking forward to it so much!

;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:
Be sure to check out Patpong (sp?) markets and the "shows" in the bars there. They are, well, interesting!
\:D
eurgh. *shudder*

and apparently gender isnt an issue, because our group of 4 girls were continuosly asked if we wanted a "peek peek" or we had the disgusting "menu" shoved in our faces.

wave.gif

Take care now y'hear?

See what funny omiage you can bring back for your colleagues. I brought some biscuits back from Bali that were labelled 'chocolate cum'. They tasted great!

• 2 months later...