• 2 weeks later...

Merkie, i have been to that place many times when there have been US travel alerts.. its a big place and depends on where you go to what danger you put yourself in! before last year we always used to say that Bali was safe.....

Not doubting you, Indosnm, just stating the obvious. But as a matter of opinion, with the pneumonia thing going around, Indonesia is probably safer than HK right now (but don't tell Enderzero)

P.S. Merkie's o.k., just don't call me murky!

People, especially doctors, here are very critical of our government's inaction on this issue, often quoting Singapore's positive action as an example where it seems to be well contained. Here, however, the numbers continue to rise.

Markie! I just actually saw the 'E' in your name that I miss spelt! was a typo, but sounds OK doesn't it??

rather than saying that on is a little shady/seedy etc etc the new word could be "Merkie"!

Markie is still healthy and happy and hopes he won't be barred from entering J-Land for a final fling in mushy snow in Arai in Easter.

About half the people here go around in face masks and many went on a supermarket rampage when a hoaxer spread a rumour that Hong Kong was declared an Infected City. The Stock Market also took a drive. Schools have been stopped for two weeks and there are noticeably less people in the streets, shopping centres and restaurants.

The disease continues to spread, but fortunately only at a rate of about 20 cases a day, so it is not exploding and though it is a cause of concern, I am not panicking yet.