Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
LA from the air is truly a fantastic sight.
of what you can see. LA is disgustingly polluted. i wouldnt want to spend any length of time in LA itself.

however once you get past LA, california, for me, is possibly the most enjoyable part of the U.S. i like the lifestyle, and californians seem to be a little more friendlier and laid back than other parts. the coast between LA and San Diego is really nice. i spent a week in a fancy seaside town called Del Mar and it was really pleasant.

If you have never been to California I think you would have more fun in San Francisco. It is a much nicer and prettier city and is soooo much easier to get around. You can just show up in that city with a map in your hand and walk around (or bus) seeing some of the coolest things in any city. I used to go there quite frequently just to hang out. In LA you will have to rent a car and other than a few nice beaches and theme parks there isn't all that much to do. I'm not saying you won't have a good time in LA, just that San Fran is better.

If you make it San Francisco, make sure you check out:

Palace of Fine Arts

Mission District

Beach Chalet (I think it's called - a restaurant about 10 minutes down the hill form the Beach House on the coast)

Haight street (obvious I guess)

gardens and houses surrounding Coit Tower

There a ton of others - just let me know if you want more info.

I would proabbly go to Seattle, Vancouver, or maybe even San Diego before I went to LA...but again, not saying you wouldn't enjoy yourself.

• 1 month later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by nori-chan:
My friend and me are now thinking about going to US in June.

We are interested in LA and California, is it as fun as it looks and good place to go?
What? Ya thinking 'bout coming over to my town? L.A.'s the pits...ain't nothing cool here man. Go somewhere else! ;\)
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. San Francisco is a great city, a much better place to visit than L.A. San Fran is a very clean city, with less crime, and the traffic isn't quite as bad. Seattle's lovely, too...it's been my hometown since I was a kid.