Advice! Jogging or exercise bike?

Thanks for the mails.

It's going well. Certainly nowhere near well enough to be running for 60 minutes eek.gif

I am doing the 3km without too much trouble now, and hoping to keep it up 6 times a week. Eating less too, so I'm always a bit hungry and a bit tired \:\(

have you tried eating differently instead of less. for a start try what the whities call rice porrage and the cambodian/chinese call Moi and I dont know what the japanese call it. Its pretty filling but you get a lot less rice than usual and a lot more water.

just boil rice in lots of water and keep adding water as it reduces till you get the consistancey you want. eat it with a little bit of strong tasting meat of fish and some of that yellow daikon pickle stuff - its great.

okayu

jared, let me be your dictionary.

I think I prefer moi. It's got what the Japanese call 'nanpura' in it hasn't it? (ie, it doesn't taste like wallpaper paste...)

Well the running is gradually getting easier. I don't think I'm losing so much weight yet, but I am running 6 nights a week for about 30 minutes.

Will the weight suddenly just disappear overnight ;\)

No, you probably won't lose weight by running, without changing your eating. I've been running for nearly a year now, and my weight is only affected by what I eat and drink. However, if my scales are to be trusted, my fat content is gradually going down.

Don't just measure time OR distance, measure both for a target then you push yourself more......02:30:00 for 24 miles and thats a top marathon runner!!! There's a target, it makes me feel knackerd just by thinking of it!

eek.gif

Going well, but not THAT well! I am just trying to lose weight, that's it. Got to admit though that I'm actually getting to enjoy it now I can run without stopping for 4-5km and feeling as though I can go more

\:D

Hi The Orange, I have found that indeed, the weight will simply disappear overnight. You weigh yourself for weeks and months, no change, then suddenly, over like the course of a week, zap, gone. It could have something to do with eating though. Try to spend less time at home (bad advice if yer married), but yeah, pack a lunch and eat something small for dinner, and drink lots of water and keep active, and the weight will melt off.

I've found that too (in the past). You can do your best diet/exercise and not see any results for a week or two, then wham! you're down 3kg. Then you hit another plateau and it goes on.

WHY IS THAT? wakaranai.gif

• 3 weeks later...