• 2 weeks later...

I think my list might be up there with 10 or 12 but i'll cut it down to the top 5 (that havent been too)

1, Canada

2, Nepal

3, Sri Lanka

4, New Zealand

5, Russia

6, Germany (sorry i couldnt cut it down to 5!!!)

places i want to go back to...

1, Thailand

2, America

3, Venice

4, The Louve (if only it wasnt in Paris....)

5, Port Douglas/Great Barrier Reef

If only money Grew on Trees!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:
5, Port Douglas
We have a Port Douglas in BC at the north end of a 60km lon lake called Harrioson Lake. It is in the middle of nowhere and home to a couple dozen or more natives. You couldn't possibly mean this place. ;\)

Port D is yeah on the Aus Coast! Beautiful place... soo pretty and the great barrier reef... mmm.... i got stranded on the reef when i was 9 and i have been scared of snorkelling since but i'd like to go back... to get over the fear...!?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by chiizuman (cheeseman):
...want to visit Africa someday, and really go into the countryside and meet lots of animals and live in the nature
Do it!

I did a few very real and very rough African safaris when I was a kid. It was wild, totally amazing. I saw just about every key African animal all within 10m of the vehicle that I was in. Sometimes I was walking, sometimes car, sometimes a canoe (with hippos really near). The only animal that was very hard to find was the leopard. The only one I saw was about 100m away sitting on a big rock outcrop. We found a fair few rhinos. They are scary. The guide started beeping his car horn to to get the beast to move into a better photo position and man I freaked out. It horn was 2 feet long.

I also remember all these giant elephants charging out of the bush and across the track we were driving on. Then a little after that an army tank emerged that had heaps of black soldiers sitting on top with their rifles. They were patrolling the boarder of whatever country we were next to.... Mozambique I think it was. They were a pretty crazy looking bunch of guys and we never could tell if they were legit soldiers or bad arses from across the boarder.

Africa is amazing. You stand there and look out over the hills and plains (bushveld) that surround you, knowing the types of animals that are roaming around and trying to kill each other to live another day. It is a very intense and powerful place.

I saw an Aardvark!!!

1. Central America - for sun, beach and jungle

2. Alaska - for steep powder

3. Southern Africa - for crazy adventure

BUT ... \:D just found out there's a bun in the oven! Wish I could squeeze it all in in 8 months but I doubt it.